Organic Crop Certification Agencies in Montana

Montana has seen a surge of farmers in recent times wishing to make the transition to organic. One thing that sometimes puts farmers off however is the process by which they need to get their organic farming certification in Montana. It can seem like too big of a mountain to climb, especially when it’s all new.


One way to go about this, is to contact an agency. They can talk you through the process and have lots of resources, from what organic wheat fertilizer you should be using to the best crop rotation for your farm. Agencies are available throughout the country but here’s a few that deliver for Montana.

4 Organic Crop Certification Agencies in Montana


CCOF is a nonprofit organization that advances organic agriculture for a healthy world through organic certification, education, advocacy, and promotion.

2. Ecocert

Ecocert USA provides the services you need to reach your organic, environmental and social responsibility goals.

3. Global Organic Alliance

Every year the goal of GOA is to have the annual certification certificate in the hands of the certified operation within 4-6 weeks of receiving the inspection documents from the inspector.

4. OneCert

OneCert’s family of companies work closely together to provide multiple certification options.

5 Steps to Organic Certification in Montana

Making the change to organic farming isn’t just about finding an agency, however. There are other things to consider and so understanding the certification process and what it means for you is key. Luckily, it can be broken down into five straightforward steps.

  1. The main step for getting organic certification is to adopt organic practises on your farm. You will need to compile an Organic System Plan that lists your practices, as well as what substances you use. One way of ensuring that your farm is ready is by using the high-quality organic fertilizer and the correct equipment.
  2. Once you’ve handed in your application, A certifying agent will review it. They are looking to verify that all of your farming practices are in compliance with USDA organic regulations.
  3. After this, it’s time for the on-site inspection. This is the part that everyone feels nervous about, but if you’ve adopted the correct practices, you’ll have no reason to worry.
  4. Now, a certifying agent will look at both the application, and the inspection report. They are again determining whether you comply with the USDA organic regulations.
  5. Ta-da! If you’ve reached this stage, then the certifying agent has issued you with your certificate.

When preparing your application and for your inspection, having the right equipment can make all the difference. At Crop Fertility Services, we offer the best in Einblock Tine Weeders, a weeding system that’s 100% organic, adapts to your soil, and even improves soil activity.


As well as this, we are specialists when it comes to manure and humates. Whether it’s for corn, silage, or you’re looking for organic wheat fertilizer, we’re here to help. We have experienced experts that can talk you through what’s right for your new organic farm. Call 612-309-7522 today or fill out our quick contact form to learn more.

Get A No Hassle Quote

Get a quick, no-hassle quote on anything delivered to your farm. We pride ourselves on an unmatched level of service from start to finish and deliver anywhere in the United States. Try us, I dare you.

Get a Quote

The Minimum Pellet order is 25 Tons (one semi-load) – Fill this out, we’ll be in touch!